1. What are you reading right now?
Currently, I am reading Hunter’s Fall by Shiloh Walker – I have even been tweeting with her while reading!
2. How many books have you read so far?
I have finished 3 books Skinny by Diana Spechler, Eat Prey Love by Kerrelyn Sparks and Creed’s Honor by Linda Leal Miller
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
Born of Shadows by Sherrilyn Keynon
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?
Nope, lucky for me, my whole family is participating today. The kids are reading in a few hour chunks and my husband is doing the whole thing with me!
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
Luckily, the biggest interruption has been making food and even that I planned out. I did have one period of time texting with a Friend.
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
How friendly people are! It is so nice to see the wonderful people out there. Oh and I won a prize. That I never expected!
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
I don’t know right now.
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?
I think I would plan out better what I was going to read. I really am swinging it and that is kind of hard. As a cheerleader, I am taking the first 10 or so minutes of each hour and cheering. Then watching twitter for people who need it. That is working well for me!
9. Are you getting tired yet?
Nope but the Read-A-Thon started here in Michigan in the morning so I figure the last few hours are going to be the worst for me. I am hoping to make it through it all.
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?
I kind of gave my tip above. I have been cheering for the first 10 minutes of each hour. Gives my eye a break from the book and I am getting constant time in cheering others on. Planning meals ahead worked great too. Threw a roast in the crockpot before the reading started and it made a great dinner!